For 30 years, the NILE has awarded scholarships to deserving FFA and 4-H students that have been actively involved in their respective programs and communities, excelled in the classroom, and participated in NILE events. "Few things are as essential to survival as production agriculture! Therefore, we must continue to create and support AGvocates," says Jennifer Boka, General Manager of the NILE. "The NILE is proud to increase educational opportunities for youth through scholarships! The NILE, supporting the future of agriculture, through today’s youth."
Similar to previous years, the NILE Scholarship Committee will be awarding five levels of scholarships.
- High School One Time Scholarship - Awarded to high school seniors that meet the qualifications listed in the guidelines.
- Secondary One Time Scholarship - Offered will also be a one-time grant, for students already enrolled in College or a Vo-Tech school meeting the qualifications.
- Shining Star: All qualified applicants are eligible. This scholarship is for an applicant that stands out in the crowd.
- Needle In The Haystack – This scholarship will be awarded to any NILE scholarship applicant if they attend Stetson & Stilettos, June 2020. The winner will be randomly drawn that night.
- Rolling Scholarship - The rolling scholarships will be offered to a select group of High School Seniors who will have the opportunity to renew the scholarship yearly, up to four years of their secondary education. Recipients of rolling scholarships will be chosen from the pool of applicants that are current seniors in High School.
The NILE Foundation was established in 2009 as a supporting arm of the NILE organization, which is dedicated to the promotion of livestock, agriculture education and respect for the western culture.
Each year the NILE and NILE Foundation touch the lives of nearly 10,000 youth through the many programs, events, "live" animal scholarships, and college scholarships. Together, these organizations provide over $75,000 in cash and live animal scholarships annually.
If you're interested in contributing to the NILE Foundation send a donation to P.O. Box 1981, Billings, MT 59103