For 30 years, the NILE has awarded scholarships to deserving FFA and 4-H students that have been actively involved in their respective programs and communities, excelled in the classroom, and participated in NILE events. "Few things are as essential to survival as production agriculture! Therefore, we must continue to create and support AGvocates," says Jennifer Boka, General Manager of the NILE. "The NILE is proud to increase educational opportunities for youth through scholarships! The NILE, supporting the future of agriculture, through today’s youth."
Since 1990, the NILE and NILE Foundation has awarded over $950,000 in cash and 'live animal' scholarships to deserving youth active in 4-H, FFA, and their communities. The following recipients excelled in the classroom while participating in NILE events.
Similar to previous years, scholarships were awarded on various levels described below:
- A one-time $1,000 scholarship awarded to graduating high school seniors that will continue their education at a college or vocational school.
- A one-time $2,000 "Shining Star Award" is a new scholarship offered to a graduating high school senior that excelled academically, in their community, and at NILE Events.
- Collegiate Scholarships are $1,000 one-time grant, for students already enrolled in college or a vo-tech school.
- The Rolling Scholarships are offered to a select group of high school seniors who may renew the scholarship annually for up to four years of their secondary education. Recipients for the 2020 rolling scholarships were chosen from the pool of applicants that are current seniors in High School.
- NEW in 2020, the NILE Foundation is now offering a one-time $500 scholarship aptly named the NILE Legacy Award. This award goes to one student, either a high school senior or college student, based on their involvement in NILE and NILE activities.
The NILE Foundation was established in 2009 as a supporting arm of the NILE organization, which is dedicated to the promotion of livestock, agriculture education and respect for the western culture.
Each year the NILE and NILE Foundation touch the lives of nearly 10,000 youth through the many programs, events, "live" animal scholarships, and college scholarships. Together, these organizations provide over $75,000 in cash and live animal scholarships annually.
If you're interested in contributing to the NILE Foundation send a donation to P.O. Box 1981, Billings, MT 59103