The NILE Foundation proudly announces the scholarship winners for the 2022-2023 academic year.
"NILE Foundation has generously offered over $26,000 to help support this year's scholarship winners, interns, and rolling scholarship winners from previous years," says Al McCormick, NILE Scholarship Committee Chairman. "66 total applicants from ten states across the northwest corridor submitted applications for this year's awards. These students are all attending or plan to attend universities, junior colleges and trade schools across the United States."
The NILE Foundation takes pride in being able to assist youth in agriculture, even during the challenging current circumstances. In a unanimous vote from the NILE Foundation Board of Directors, the group once again pledged over $26,000 to this year's award winners, despite not hosting an annual fundraiser. NILE Youth Education Director, Shelby Shaw states, “The future of agriculture shines so BRIGHT! It is of the utmost importance that we continue to support the needs of our youth as they continue their education by providing scholarships. One day soon, we will rely on them to carry on the challenging task of advocating and feeding the world. Through continued support from the agricultural community, the NILE and the NILE Foundation have created a great opportunity for youth to offset the increasing cost of secondary education." 12 new recipients were awarded scholarships and seven rolling scholarships were renewed.
Since 1990, the NILE and NILE Foundation have awarded over $1,350,000 in cash and 'live animal' scholarships to deserving youth active in 4-H, FFA, and their communities. The following recipients excelled in the classroom while participating in NILE events.
Similar to 2021, scholarships were awarded on various levels described below:
- One-time $1,000 scholarships are awarded to graduating high school seniors that will continue their education at a college or vocational school.
- A one-time $2,000 "Shining Star Award" is a new scholarship offered to a graduating high school senior that excelled academically, in their community, and at NILE Events.
- Collegiate Scholarships are a $1,000 one-time grant, for students already enrolled in college or a vo-tech school.
- The Rolling Scholarships are offered to a select group of high school seniors who may renew the scholarship annually for up to four years of their secondary education. Recipients for the 2022 rolling scholarships were chosen from the pool of applicants that are current seniors in High School.
- NILE Legacy Award is a $500 award that goes to one student, either a high school senior or college student, based on their involvement in NILE and NILE activities.
- Needle in the Haystack is a scholarship that will be randomly drawn during the NILE Foundation's Stetsons and Stilettos on May 13, 2022. All scholarship applicants will be eligible – must be present to win.
If you're interested in contributing to the NILE Foundation send a donation to P.O. Box 1981, Billings, MT 59103