Online Entry https://www.formpl.us/form/6447971077980160
PDF Form Below
Printed forms at NILE Office
Entries due postmarked August 15
Questions, contact McCall Linke (406) 256-2497 email@example.com
Horse Committee Chairman: Gordon Radke (406) 670-7825
- 1)I/We warrant title to each consigned animal herein entered and agree to defend said title against all adverse claims. NILE may act as my agent in the named sale at public auction of the named animal, with full authority to transfer title thereon and to receive the proceeds of such sale for my account. I covenant and agree to indemnify and hold harmless NILE from any and all costs, liabilities and sundry expenses (including attorney fees) incurred because of, or arising out of, any question of title or defect to any or all consigned animals, or resulting from liens, attachments or claims against the net proceeds from the sale thereof. All title to, interest in, possession of and management of each consignment shall remain with me until fall of the gavel or other such customary manner of announcement of completion of the sale.
- 2)I, hereby for myself, my horse(s), my heirs, executors and personal representative, waive and release any and all rights and claims for damages against NILE, its Board of Directors, Staff, Membership, Sponsors, and MetraPark, Yellowstone County, their representatives, successors, and assigns for any and all damages, theft, death, or injuries incurred due to my participation in this event.
- 3)I understand that a Selection Committee will accept or decline consignments based, in part, on an application, video and/or pictures provided by me. Once horse is cataloged, no other refunds of consignment fees will be issued for any reason. If accepted and cataloged, I authorize NILE to screen my consignment at an on-site, pre-sale screening conducted by a licensed veterinarian and screening committee. Committee shall have authority to accept or reject consignments at its discretion based on soundness, health, and disposition. Soundness is considered: sight in both eyes, good in the air, hit the ground sound on all four feet, no parrot mouth. Judged off horse standing and trotting.
- 4)A consignment fee shall be paid to NILE at the time of consignment for each horse entered in the sale, in the amount of $100 for Weanling/Yearling Sale, $150 for Performance Horse Sale.
- 5)Sale Commission: NILE shall deduct and retain a sales commission, exclusive of the nonrefundable consignment fee, of seven percent (7%) of the selling price for each horse entering sale ring. In the event of a deficit, consignor will pay NILE the balance due. Brand inspection and horse will not be released until paid in full. There will be a $50 charge per check returned for insufficient funds.
- 6)No substitutions.
- 7)Any horse entered in the sale must go through the sale ring unless screened out or excused from sale by NILE due to injury or sickness. Each animal entering the ring will be sold to highest bidder. It is the seller’s responsibility to protect themselves.
- If seller retains the highest bid, he/she will be responsible for paying NILE a pass-out fee of $100 (Weanling/Yearling Sale) or $200 (Performance Sale). In the event any animal entered is unsold at the conclusion of the sale, NILE shall have the right to hold the certificate of registration of such animal(s) pending settlement of all charges or obligations due.
- 8)All horses (with no stated guarantees) sell “as is” with any and all responsibilities and guarantees strictly between the buyer and the seller.
- 9) All horses will be sold in accordance with the auction laws of the State of Montana. Consignors must return all sale horses to their original stalls after the sale.
- 10)Sale proceeds will be issued to consignors after seven (7) banking days.
- 11)All horses selling as registered must have registration certificates at the screening. Consignors must deliver to NILE, at time of consignment, the certificate of registration and a signed transfer for all horses not selling as grade.
- For weanlings/yearlings, a copy of the registration application must be provided at time of consignment.
- 12)Consignors must deliver to NILE (prior to on-site screening) a current negative coggins test report, a current health inspection certificate and a current brand inspection. Seller must provide halter with horse to buyer.
- 13)NILE shall have the power (1) to reject any entry at any time; 2) to limit number of consignments and/or close consignments on or before entry deadline; (3) to determine the order of sales of all entries; (4) to assign or charge stabling facilities as it deems necessary; (5) to make any special announcements at time of sale concerning any animal entered; and (6) to change sale location and/or time without notice for scheduling or technical reasons.
- 14)Announcements from the block will take precedence over the printed matter in the sale catalog and all other announcements. Every effort has been made to assure the correctness of catalog, but NILE, sale management/auctioneer, or sellers are not responsible for errors/omissions and assume no liability as to statements, verbal or written, regarding horses sold.
- 15)Terms of the sale are U.S. currency, approved bank check, cashier’s check, certified check or travelers check in U.S. funds only, payable within one hour of completion of sale. Upon full payment, cashier will issue a delivery order.
- 16)Title passes to the purchaser at the fall of the auctioneer’s hammer, at which time the purchaser shall assume responsibility for and risk of injury to horse. Any injury to horse or change in horse’s condition occurring after the fall of the hammer, but before making final settlement or taking delivery as set forth herein, shall not be grounds for rescission of the sale by the purchaser. The purchaser or his agent may take care, custody and/or control of the horse immediately at the fall of the hammer, but such taking shall not constitute delivery. Delivery shall be made only after the purchaser presents himself to the cashier and makes settlement by tendering the purchase price in full.
- 17)Liabilities: All persons who attend the sale do so at their own risk, and NILE, the facility and the sale management assume no responsibility, legal or otherwise, for any accidents to persons or animals.
- 18)If horses that were screened out, or “no-saled,” or “bought back” are sold on the grounds during NILE dates, seller is required to pay commission fee to NILE.
- 19)I/We agree to the above terms and conditions of sale: signature(x)______________________________________________________
Consignments failing the on-site screening shall be removed from the sale and shall receive no refund of consignment fee. It is the consignor’s responsibility to transport the consignment to the screening and sale facility and to remain in control of the animal at all times before and during the sale. Consignments not present at screening will forfeit consignment fee.
Label photos clearly with horse’s name, and/or consignor’s name.
Digital format preferred (jpeg, gif, png) send via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit flashdrive.
Photos must be clear, high resolution, and good quality.Shots:
Front of horse (top of head/ears to ground)
Rear of horse (top of croup to ground)
NILE reserves the right to select best photo for catalog photo.Catalog Comments:
Please limit to 80 words of 400 characters. Characters include spaces, and punctuation. Hand write on entry form or type attachment, or e-mail in body or as word document attachment. NILE reserves right to shorten comments to fit catalog space.Video (optional):
Not required. Video of horse to demonstrate ability. Video viewed by selection committee, and for promotion on NILE social media.
Label video clearly with horse’s name, and/or consignor’s name.
Maximum of 2 minutes.
Digital format preferred (YouTube link, MPG, MOV) send via e-mail to email@example.com or submit flashdrive.Questions:
Call, e-mail, text, Facebook message, write, visit the office.Pre-Sale Screenings:
Thursday, October 19, *4 p.m. Outside of SuperBarn (priority to Weanling/Yearlings)
Friday, October 20, *4 p.m. Outside of SuperBarn
*Times subject to change, depends on end time of horse events that day
More information announced in consignor acceptance letter and on NILE website.
Weanling/Yearling Halter Jackpot:
- Current Health Certificate
- Current Coggins Test
- Current Brand Inspection
- Halter to go with buyer
Friday, October 20, 8 a.m. Rimrock Auto Arena
All consigned weanlings/yearlings eligible. $25 entry fee. All money jackpotted and paid back. Pays three (3) places. Weanling class and yearling class separate. All sexes shown together. Horses judged on conformation, condition, and gentleness.Weanling/Yearling Preview:
Friday, October 20 Rimrock Auto Arena
Immediately following Halter Jackpot. Perimeter arena fence and panels available to tie to.Performance Horse Preview:
Saturday, October 21, 8 a.m. Rimrock Auto Arena
You may preview your horse in 2 categories. Must sign up at time of consignment to be entered in preview. Times will be assigned to each horse. If horse is not in arena by that time, preview is forfeited.
- Pleasure (English & Western)
- Working Ranch Horse (with cattle)
- Heading (arrange for a partner)
- Heeling (arrange for a partner)
Stalls provided for sale horses. Bedding and feed available for purchase.
The following items MUST accompany this contract: 1) Registration certificate 2) Signed transfer 3) Consignment Fee 4) Pictures
Consignor is responsible for the accuracy of this information. All fields must be completely filled out! Information presented in this form will be used in catalog. Incomplete entries will not be presented to selection committee until all components have been received.